Climate change has been a hot topic throughout 2019 and will continue to be one in 2020 and beyond. As awareness has increased, people are looking for different ways in how they can help reduce their carbon emissions, cut their carbon footprint and be more environmentally friendly. One area that has been overlooked for years is recycling cars, trucks, SUVs, and other vehicles.
In the past, old and unwanted vehicles ended up in landfills or junk yards. As they sat, they released oil, gas, radiator coolant, and other harmful chemicals into the ground causing pollution.
Fortunately, as we kick off the New Year, everyone can make an effort to become more environmentally responsible by recycling their vehicles. Some of the top benefits everyone can gain by promoting this type of recycling include:
1. Helps recycle steel, aluminum, and other metals for other purposes. All those metals used to build vehicles can be stripped out, cleaned, and melted back down to create something new. Whether it be another vehicle, soda cans, or steel beams for a new office building. By reusing the metal in old vehicles, it reduces the costs of mining metals from the ground and helps preserve the environment while reducing greenhouse gasses.
2. Helps keep harmful chemicals and fluids from getting into the ground. Gas, oil, radiator coolant, and other fluids are drained out of the vehicles and disposed of in a safe and environmentally-conscious method. In some cases, these fluids can also be recycled.
3. Helps recycle various plastics for other purposes. Vehicles also have a lot of plastic parts and components that can be reused. The plastic can be melted down and transformed into something new, like new turn signals, light covers, and so on.
4. You get paid cash for recycling your vehicle. As an added bonus, you can get paid top dollar for your old vehicle when you recycle it. Not only are you doing something great for the environment but also putting extra cash into your pocket!
5. It takes minimal effort to recycle old vehicles. There is not much you have to do to recycle your old car, truck, SUV, or another vehicle. All you have to do is pick up the phone or submit an online application to sell your car for recycling. That’s it! The rest is taken care of by us.
How Our Car Recycling Program Works
1. To get started, give us a call or fill out our online application.
2. We will review your vehicle information and provide you with a purchase offer.
3. If you like our offer, you accept it.
4. We schedule a pickup time.
5. When we pickup your vehicle, you sign over the title and we pay you on the spot.
We take care of all the other tasks needed to recycle your vehicle in a safe and responsible manner. To find out how much your old vehicle is worth, apply online now or call Auto Scrappers at 647-766-2292 today!